Events hosted by the Optimist are funded through the Breakfast Optimist Club of Bloomington Foundation. Club members have the task of raising $20,000 annually to cover expenses.
Options to help fund us
Buy our Nuts! Nuts are perfect as gifts for teachers, family members, company employees and business customers. We start taking orders in October and distribute the nuts beginning in November and wrap up deliveries by the first week of December. Our nuts taste delicious and support a great cause. Click link for order form.
- Buy hot dogs from the Optimist Food Truck. You can find us at the Bloomington Sister City Kite Day in May and at Bloomington Heritage Days on the 3rd Saturday in September.
- Join the Optimist. By joining, you help the Optimist promote its mission to a larger audience thereby increasing confidence in potential corporate donors.
- Become a Friend of the Optimist. If you believe in our mission and want to support us, then become our friend! An $80 dollar donation is all it takes to become a Friend of the Optimist.
- Be a sponsor. Quite frankly, we can’t sell enough hot dogs or nuts to raise $20,000.
- Make a personal donation. The Optimist Foundation accepts checks and cash!