Bloomington Optimist Club members enjoy creating fun and meaningful activities for children in the community. We would love for you to join us at our Wednesday morning meetings to see for yourself the fun you could have, too.
We Meet Wednesday Morning Mugshots Coffee Company 10518 France Ave. S. (in the strip mall directly north of Cub Foods) Time: 7:30 – 8:30 AM
Call Club president Chuck Ehlers at
Check out the great things kids will experience at the annual Egg Hunt
- Where: West Bush Lake Fishing Pier Directions
- When: Saturday, USUALLY FIRST SATURDAY AFTER SCHOOL LETS OUT
- Time: 8:30 – 9:30 AM Registration of Kids & Demonstration begins
- 9:00 – 9:15 AM Welcome
- 9:15 Fishing Begins
- 11:30 AM Siren sounds ending the contest
- 11:45 Prizes Awarded
- Who: All kids ages 12 & under
- No RSVP. Casting contest. Fish ID
- No Fees. Free Hat.
- Just show up.
Fishing Contests with trophies and prizes(tackle boxes and poles) for:
- Smallest Fish Overall
- Largest Fish in Four Different Species
Fishing Fair Video
See the City of Bloomington Website for more Info…
Coming in May — Dates TBD…
Sponsored by the Bloomington Optimist Youth Foundation in cooperation and with the support of the City of Bloomington Human Services.
Sales will be held Rain or Shine, at your residence.
With the $30 registration fee option, payable to the Bloomington Optimist Youth Foundation, you will receive the following:
1. Publicity in a wide variety of locations
- Display ad in the Sun Current/ Classifieds in the Star Tribune/ Craigslist
- Frequent advertising in City publications
- Bloomington City Websites
- City of Bloomington Web page
- Bloomington Optimist Web page
- Listing in the Official List of Garage Sales available at the offices of Haller and Associates in Heritage Plaza Center at 10510 France Ave. So. beginning May 18th.
2. A durable yard sign
- With regulations regarding placement and to identify you as a participant.
- The signs and lists will be available for pick-up Tuesday, May 17 from 3-7 PM at Creekside Community Center – 9801 Penn Avenue South.
3. A copy of the Official List of Garage Sales (available for sale to the public on May 18th for $3 at Haller and Associates.)